True stories about dating that will make you shake your head in disbelief!

Once upon a time there was a Disbeliever, Realist, and Skeptic. They were all on the quest of finding love. We are a must-read for those in the dating realm who are confused, frustrated, in love, or happily single! How will their stories end? Stay tuned for their stories.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Fever! In the morning, fever all through the night

Miss me?

It's been a while since last I wrote! Mostly because nothing much has occurred worth writing about.

But ahhh, it's Spring! More daylight, warmer weather, flowers in bloom etc. All of it contributes to "Spring Fever," signaling our circadian rhythms to ramp up for the season. Our eyes detect the extra sunlight, signaling us that Winter hibernation is ending. We experience renewed energy, which keeps us awake for longer hours, and itching to get out of the house. The sunlight boosts our mood, our melatonin production decreases, and our internal biological clock pushes us toward thoughts of breeding. Or, in a less animalistic sense, toward thoughts of love.

That's right, Spring Fever is a real, physiological phenomenon. We know it to be true because we all experience it. When Spring comes along, we are grateful for the extra sunshine, the warmer weather, and the boost in mood. And we do feel just a little more twitterpated (as "Flower" would say.)

I can certainly say Spring Fever is alive and well on the home front. Sadly, nothing really happening yet, but there have been a few gentlemen who have caught my eye:
  1. Really cute young Irish Bartender at the watering hole near work. He's so cute. And much younger than I am. And a runner! *swoon* And he's probably just being a very good bartender by flirting back with me, but I still love it. This is probably not good long-term potential, but that sure didn't stop me from slipping him my phone number on a bar napkin after a couple of drinks.
  2. Hot Sales Guy, from work. Although I don't work there anymore, so that's not really the problem. The problem here is that he may be TOO good-looking, and I would guess a bit of a player. People keep telling me I'm crazy for pointing out the problem before anything even happens. But I still don't see this as a viable long-term prospect.
  3. The Entrepreneur. I met this guy on a work trip, and when I found out he worked only a couple of blocks from me, we decided we'll just have to do lunch sometime, and exchanged cards. But admittedly, I also thought he was incredibly cute. So obviously, I did some Googling, and found out that he is a great guy, at least on paper. Ivy-league educated, he co-founded and heads his own company that's alive and kicking after a few years, and recently launched in a new city. A few news outlets and magazines have interviewed him for articles. He seems very well spoken and down-to-earth. I'm actually quite impressed. We've been trying to schedule our lunch for a few weeks, which has been tough with his busy schedule, but I'm hopeful we'll get to it this week. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to turn a networking lunch into something else....
Hope I have actual stories to tell soon! This girl is feeling the fever and anxious for a little male attention!

Trying to stay positive,
Skeptic

1 comment:

  1. The reason I do not write is because I have NOTHING to talk about! I have like one story. How sad is that? I enjoyed the Miami story! Those foreign guys have it down pat. Also no one can truely understand those expos unless they work at them too. The realist and I think it is a world on its own. Their own secret society!!!

    ReplyDelete