True stories about dating that will make you shake your head in disbelief!

Once upon a time there was a Disbeliever, Realist, and Skeptic. They were all on the quest of finding love. We are a must-read for those in the dating realm who are confused, frustrated, in love, or happily single! How will their stories end? Stay tuned for their stories.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky

Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky was a blind date from online. I've been on soooo many of these it's somewhat sad to say I go into them now with a healthy dose of skepticism. I usually hope to just make it through at a decent hour so I can still get something else done at home or have enough time to watch a good show on TV. Either that, or maybe it will be so awful I'll have a story I can tell for years to come. 

My date with Mr. HGL seemed to be off to a good start right away. As soon as I walked into the bar I got a very friendly welcome, and we were buzzing with chatter for hours nonstop--it was just really light and fun and casual and full of humor. It came very naturally. It was surprisingly refreshing. At one point we had been talking about our favorite food to make (we're both big into cooking) when we realized we were hungry, so our two beers turned into a bar dinner, and before we knew it, we had spent 3 1/2 hours at the bar, when it really only needed to be a drink.

I'd say that went well, for a first date!

Trying to stay positive,
Skeptic

2 comments:

  1. That does sound good! Any time you both want to spend more time together spontaneously is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'm not sure if there was much attraction there, but definitely a fun time and a great conversation, so worth another date.

      Delete