True stories about dating that will make you shake your head in disbelief!

Once upon a time there was a Disbeliever, Realist, and Skeptic. They were all on the quest of finding love. We are a must-read for those in the dating realm who are confused, frustrated, in love, or happily single! How will their stories end? Stay tuned for their stories.

Monday, March 3, 2014

No more happy-go-lucky

Well that one was short-lived, eh?

At least I assume that's the end of it. It's been a week since our date and I haven't heard from him, so I just assume that means that's that. No hard feelings here, though--I had a great time with him, but wasn't sure if there was any attraction, so I could have gone either way.

Meanwhile, an ex from long ago still creeps up and haunts me now and then. This one has been so hard to shake, because as many strides as I make in getting past it, and as much time passes that naturally moves my thinking on toward the next thing, unlike a lot of other exes, reminders of him pop up all the time just because we have such an overlapping network. Pictures with him in them fly past my eyes sometimes through my network. Or someone will mention him, and when they find out we dated, they'll say, "oh, he's such a nice guy," and I can see the thinking behind their eyes, wondering why it didn't work out. Then I find myself sad all over again. One step forward, two steps back. :(

Finally, in other news, I've been trying out a new dating app called Hinge (that I heard about through my HR rep at work, interestingly enough). It shows you pictures of singles taken from Facebook who are in your town, found through your friends as 2nd or 3rd degree connections. It tells you very brief info about them, like where they work, where they went to school, and how you're connected to them. You either give them a star, or an x. If you give each other stars, it lets you contact each other. Jury is still out on it--It's fun and simple, and I haven't been using it very long, but haven't had much luck yet. It might work better the more people use it. 

Trying to stay positive,
Skeptic

1 comment:

  1. Hinge is making its way westward, I hear it's kind of like COffee Meets Bagel but you get 5 matches per day instead of 1. My 2 friends on it do like it, as much as one can 'like' a dating app.

    That's a bummer about the date. Though you said you didn't feel much chemistry, you did spend an evening with him and it's frustrating to have to repeat that all the time - it takes A LOT of energy that you could be spending doing other things.

    ReplyDelete